Weekend mornings with a nice hearty or sweet breakfast will always be a great way to end the week. These sweet and fluffy sweet potato pancakes filled with cinnamon, nutmeg, and brown sugar will satisfy any morning sweet tooth.
Sweet Potato Pancakes
- 3 tbsp unsalted butter melted, you will need more for the pan
- 2 1/2 cups all-purpose flour
- 2 tsp ground cinnamon
- 2 tsp ground nutmeg
- 1 tsp baking powder
- 1 tsp baking soda
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 2 large eggs
- 2 cups buttermilk
- 1/2 cup plant or cow's milk
- 2 tbsp brown sugar packed
- 1 cup sweet potatoes mashed
- maple syrup for serving
- In a medium bowl, whisk together the following dry ingredients: flour, cinnamon, nutmeg, baking powder, baking soda, and salt.
- In a large bowl, whisk together the eggs, buttermilk, milk, and sugar. Mix until the mixture is completely mixed and then add mashed sweet potatoes.
- Add in melted butter and mix until all ingredients have been mixed. Fold in the dry ingredients and the mixtures have been combined. It is important not to over mix the batter. It is okay if it is a little lumpy- we like that. Let the batter rest for 5 minutes and take a chill pill.
- Heat a large skillet over medium heat and add about 2 tbsp of butter or just enough to coat the bottom. You can also use non-stick spray or oil.
- Once the pan is hot, use a 1/4 cup or ice cream scoop to pour the batter into the skillet. Cook pancakes until each side are golden brown. This should not take longer than 3-4 minutes. I like to let the bubble rise to the top of the uncooked side of the pancake before flipping.
- Serve pancakes hot with butter and maple syrup. Don't forget to take @elle.thefoodie in any pictures!