During the summers, my family would always travel back to our hometown of Birmingham, Alabama. My favorite part of those road trips, besides getting to see my family and our Big Mama, would be devouring in southern staples that just aren’t the same in Michigan. I hope you enjoy one of my FAVORITE breakfast meals.
Sausage Gravy and Biscuits
- 1 pound Ground Breakfast Sausage (turkey or pork)
- 3 tablespoons All Purpose Flour
- 3 cups Milk
- Salt to taste
- Pepper to taste
- Preheat a deep (large or medium) frying pan over medium heat until the desired temperature has been reached.
- Add sausage to pan, please be sure to spray your pan with non-stick spray or a drizzle of oil if you're concerned with your meat sticking to the pan.
- While the meat is cooking, season with salt and pepper to taste.
- Once meat is completely cooked, sprinkle flour evenly over the meat and stir until the ingredients are fully mixed.
- Slowly add 2 cups of milk to the sausage and flour mixture you've creted and left the mixture come to a light boil for up to 6 minutes. Don't forget to stir occassionally!
- Once the sausage mixture and milk has thickened, add another cup of milk according to the desired thickness of the gravy.
- Serve over or between the layers of fresh buttermilk biscuits and #EatUp!
- Post the final picture of instagram with the hashtag #MillennialMeetsStove for a feature!