One of my family’s favorite days of the week is Tuesday because we get to rush home from school and work to enjoy tacos! Whether we pick up dollar tacos from a truck in Southwest Detroit or stop at Kroger’s to get ingredients for classic at-home tacos, this by far is a national holiday in the Gillon family.
I wanted to share a quick and easy homemade Pico De Gallo that’ll take your Taco Tuesday from classic to the Ocean Drive in Miami Beach! The fresh pineapple pico adds a sweet heat kick to your classed beef tacos and even my family’s favorite Chicken Fajita Quesadillas.
I hope you enjoy and don’t forget to #EatUp!
Pineapple Pico De Gallo
- 5 Roma Tomatoes seeded and finely diced
- 1/2 Red Onion (Large) finely diced
- 3 cups Pineapple finely diced
- 1 Jalepeno seeded and finely diced
- 1/2 bunch Cilantro chopped finely, use entire bunch if smaller
- 3 cloves garlic minced
- 1/2 Fresh Lime juiced
To Taste (Add as needed)
- In a medium bowl, mix diced tomatoes, red onion, pineapple, jalepeno, cilantro, and garlic together.
- Add the juice from the 1/2 lime, add the whole lime if feeling zesty! Add salt and papper according to your taste buds.
- Store in fridge for at least five minutes before serving.
- Serve with tacos, quesadillas, chips and salsa, chicken, salads, YOU NAME IT! For added #WowFactor, serve in a pineapple boat and really impress your friends and family.
- Post the final picture of instagram with the hashtag #MillennialMeetsStove for a feature!