Apparently, someone died and made my fellow twitter followers food critics and I’ve been shamed out of enjoying a weekend trip to Applebee’s! So I’ve decided to create my own creamy, hot spinach and artichoke dip in the comfort of my home. This recipe is ideal for a quick appetizer for friends or someone you’re trying to impress or even for those days you want to stay in from the snowy weather and snack. The trick to making the dip creamy is the milk- don’t add too much if you’re not interested in a soupy dip!
Creamy Spinach & Artichoke Dip
- 6 ounces Cream Cheese softened
- 1 1/2 cups Canned Artichoke Hearts roughly chopped
- 12 ounces Chopped Spinach thawed and drained
- 3 cloves garlic minced
- 1/4 cup Sour Cream
- 1/4 cup Mayo not miracle whip, please!
- 3 tbsp Milk
- Salt to taste
- black pepper to taste
- 2 cups Mozzarella Cheese shredded, save one cup for sprinkling on top
- 1 cup Parmesan cheese shredded, save half cup for sprinking on top
- Granulated Garlic or Onion to taste
- 3 dashes Red Pepper Flakes only if on hand
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees Fahrenheit,
- Combine all ingredients in a large bowl until everything has been incorporated smoothly.
- Pour mixture into a greased casserole dish or square pan. In my case, I used a cast-iron skillet.
- Sprinkle dip with leftover mozzarella and parmesan cheese and bake for about thirty minutes. Once the cheese has begun bubbling, broil dip until cheese has browned and melted.
- Serve with chips, toasted french bread, or whatever else you can find to dip with!