Fried rice recipes are such an easy way to create dinner out of your favorite Asian ingredients or if you’re like me, whatever you can find in the refrigerator. This chicken fried recipe is very simple to make and after sticking to a simple rice technique, it came out perfectly! Don’t be shy to add in extra veggies or change up the protein. Since the recipe recalls you to cook the protein separately, the recipe can easily be altered with whatever you choose.
Want to know my technique for easy and perfect rice?
First, use instant rice. We’ll deep dive into the real stuff later. Follow whatever the package says for the rice to water ratio. Bring water to a boil in a pot. During this time I like to add salt, preferably sea salt (to taste.) Once the water has come to a boil, pour rice into the pot and stir. Bring the water down to a simmer and cover the pot. Wait five minutes or until the rice is nice and fluffy.
A secret trick is to also let the rice sit out overnight or for a few hours before cooking to get the perfect fry. This is why this dish is perfect for leftover meals and even brunch dishes.
Chicken Fried Rice
- 2 cups Instant Rice cooked, and cooled (sit out overnight to dry out extra moisture)
- 3 cups Water
- 2 cups Carrots chopped
- 2 cups Pea Pods
- 1 Large Onion chopped
- 1 cup green onions chopped
- 4 Large Eggs scrambled
- 2 lbs chicken breast boneless, skinless, and diced
- 2 1/2 tbsp Sesame Oil
- Salt to taste
- black pepper to taste
- Granulated Garlic or Onion to taste
- 4 tablespoosn soy sauce
- In a large, deep frying pan, saute the onions and carrots until they are golden brown. Next, add in the rest of your veggies and cook until almost soft. If you cook them all the way through, they will turn out soggy in the end.
- Once the veggies are done, set aside in a bowl and place and saute your protein of choice in the same deep frying pan. Add in some of the garlic butter if you made any and salt and pepper. I like to add bean sprouts and chopped bok choy leaves as well.
- Remove chicken from the pan and fry the eggs if you haven't already. Next add the oil, over high heat. Next, add the rice and mix until it has been fully coated with oil.
- Add in some garlic butter and stir until completely mixed with the rice and then add in the veggies, chicken, and egg. Stir well.
- Add in soy sauce, salt, and pepper to taste. I like to even top with more green onion or sesame seeds.
- Serve warm and be sure to tag me in any pictures!
- Instapot Instructions: Use the saute setting to cook veggies, except carrots and peas, add a splash of water or chicken broth to deglaze the bottom of the pot (less than a cup). Add in the listed amount of water, raw diced carrots, rice and do not stir.
- Cook on high pressure for 3 minutes and use a natural release for 10 minutes and then quickly release the remaining pressure. Add in soy sauce, sesame oil, peas, and scrambled eggs. Cover the lid and place on stay warm until ready to serve.