It’s no secret, this millennial loves brunch. One of my favorite combinations is smoked salmon and dilly cream cheese. At one of my favorite Detroit restaurants, they serve smoked salmon on a flatbread with dill, arugula, and red onions- soooo delish!
During my work from home adventures, I loved making fancy meals that were quick and easy to make. I’m absolutely in love with a good bagel sandwich- I hope you enjoy this recipe as much as I did! Don’t forget to send me pics!
What you need:
- An everything bagel. I love picking them up from Nino Salvaggio or Trader Joes. Any brand works though- especially from my favorite- Aldi!)
- Veggie toppings. I like to cut and thinly slice cucumbers, red onion, and avocado. Feel free to throw a seasoned tomato slice or capers as well if you’re feeling frisky.
- Smoked salmon slices. I like to purchase mine from Aldi because it’s fairly cheaper in price. You can find smoked salmon in most grocery stores in the refrigerated deli area. A 7-ounce package will make a few bagel sandwiches.
- Cream cheese. An 8-ounce package will be plenty. To ensure a creamy spread for your bagel, let your sour cream soften before preparing. I like to heat up a microwavable plate and sit the cream cheese on the plate to warm.
- 1 Lemon
- 1 tbsp of Chives. I was lucky to be able to use fresh ones from the garden)
- 1 to 2 tbsp of Dill, chopped
- Black Pepper, to taste
1. In a small mixing bowl, combine the cream cheese, chives, dill, parsley, and black pepper. If you have a zester on hand, feel free to add lemon zest as well. (we never let things go to waste).
2. Place the bottom bagel slice with the inner facing up and spread a generous amount of the cream cheese spread on the bagel.
3. Continue assembling the bagel sandwich by adding on a few slices of smoked salmon, cucumbers, onions, avocado, and even a few capers.
4. Spread more of the cream cheese spread on the inner part of the top bagel slice and enjoy your brunch-style bagel sandwich. Pretty easy, right?
I hope you enjoyed it! Don’t forget to tag me in your posts and pictures!